Understanding Labor Data Input into T&M Go
Labor can be complex due to all the billable data that can be associated with
each labor input. T&M Go allows you to identify each of these items that are also found on the T&M Pro Labor Input Dialog.
Data Input Items available for Labor - It is important to
understand the requirements for each item listed below.
- Name - Labor Name - If you use the Labor Names import the
Labor Names will appear in the drop down - If you manually input the Labor Name
it will be added to the Dropbox for this project file.
- Date - Enter the date that you are entering the data for; must be in the format of Month/Day/Year (2/4/2018). If you enter the date on
the Settings Page it will be the default date. You can add the date to the
first line then place mouse cursor over date and right click and then click on
Set all columns to this value and the date will be set automatically
- Title - This is the Labor Class - Labor classes will be
available in the drop down. These are extracted from the price data file you
uploaded into the T&M Go project.
- Work Description - This is an optional data entry. The
Work Descriptions will be available if they are present in the Project Settings
File you Uploaded. This can also accept a new work
description that may not be found in the project settings that is uploaded. To
do this double click on the work description and then you can type in the new
work description. You will need to have the project settings file updated in
T&M Pro to reflect the new work description.
- Time In | Time Out | Time Lunch - VERY
IMPORTANT TIME ENTRY FORMATS SEE TABLE AND EXAMPLES BELOW - Enter
the Time In the correct format as shown in the time formats below. If your time
is the same for all or most entries you can set the time for the first labor
input and then place mouse over the time for each column and right click then
click on Copy and then select the cells that you want to paste this into. To
select cells click on first cell then hold the SHIFT or CTRL key to select
multiple cells then click Paste
- Total Hours - This will be automatically populated by the
program once the Time In | Time Out | Lunch Time is Entered. The Total hours
will be automatically adjusted to the proper Format by the program. T&M
Pro will automatically convert the hours to the proper settings for Regular and
- Prevailing Wage- If you are using the T&M Pro
Prevailing Wage Version you can Identify the Labor for Prevailing Wage by
Checking the box. The Price Data File MUST have a Benefit Rate or this will be
ignored during the Import into T&M Pro - Prevailing Wage Version.
- Vehicles - This will display the vehicles that were
included in the project settings file you uploaded for this T&M Go project.
This can also accept new Vehicles that may not be found in
the project settings that is uploaded. To do this double click on the Vehicles
text box and then you can type in the new Vehicle. If you add a new vehicle
that is not in the drop down then you must have the project settings file
updated in T&M Pro for the vehicle to be included in the actual
- Mileage - If you are billing Mileage, enter the mileage for
- Vehicle # - If you are using a vehicle number - Enter it
- Hotel - This will display the Hotels that were included in
the project settings file you uploaded for this T&M Go project. This will
only include Hotels to bill at 100% rate factor and single occupant. You can
modify this once it is uploaded into T&M Pro. This can
also accept a new Hotels that may not be found in the project settings that is
uploaded. To do this double click on the Hotels text box and then you can type
in the new Hotel name. If you add a new Hotel that is not in the drop down then
you must have the project settings file updated in T&M Pro for the Hotel to
be included in the actual bill.
- LBRID - You can enter a labor identifier (Optional)
- Labor Company - You can Enter a Labor Company that Appears
in the Drop Down - this is for the Project Cost Function found in T&M Pro -
(Optional) - This can also accept a new Labor Companies that
may not be found in the project settings that is uploaded. To do this double
click on the Labor Company text box and then you can type in the new Labor
Company name. If you add a new Labor Company that is not in the drop down then
you must have the project settings file updated in T&M Pro for the Labor
Company to be included in the actual bill.
- Small Tools - If you want to bill Small Tools for the labor
input - Check the Box
- Per Diem - If you want to bill Per Diem for the labor input
- Check the Box
- Lodging - If you want to bill Lodging for the labor input -
Check the Box - This is not the same as Hotels - This is a Lodging Allowance
that is set up on the price data file - It is used when you have an agreement to
bill a lodging allowance per labor class. Do not use this and Hotels for the
- Include PPE - If you want to bill PPE for the labor input -
Check the Box
- Include PRP - If you want to bill PRP for the labor input -
Check the Box
- Include PFP - If you want to bill PFP for the labor input -
Check the Box
- Manager - If you are tracking Manager to Labor Ratio - Only
Check this Box for Managers
- Allocation #1 - Allocation #6 - You can input Allocation
References - You can input the first one then use the copy and paste to add to
the other inputs.
- Sort Value - REQUIRED and
values must be greater than "0" This will automatically fill out
based on the sort value set in the price data file uploaded. User can change
this if needed but not required. If you use the labor spreadsheet you must put a
value for sort value. Do NOT leave blank at least enter a value of
"1". This can be used for all labor entries but we recommend that you
match the sort value in the price list for each labor class used.
- Category | Phase Code | Description - If you are using
Phase Codes - Enter these here - These must match 100% to the Phase Codes that
will be used in bill. You can input the first one then use the copy and paste to
add to the other inputs.
- Labor Notes - You can enter a labor note here - You are
limited to the number of characters so be sure to be brief in your note input.
- Room # - You can enter a room number for your
IMPORTANT NOTE ON ENTERING TIME IN T&M GO FOR LABOR. ENTER THE
TIME AS SHOWN BELOW
EXAMPLE - Labor Works from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM with a .30 Minute Break -
Enter Time In as 8.30 Enter
Break as .30 Enter Time Out as 17.30. Total Hours will auto-populate in the
correct format. It will convert the minutes automatically to the correct
format. DO NOT USE SEMICOLONS.
REVIEW TIME FORMATS - THIS GIVES YOU AN EXAMPLE ON HOW TO ENTER THE
LABOR TIME .
- Once the Report is Imported into T&M Pro the program will automatically
convert Total Time to the correct format
Understanding the Time Entry Format - Very Important
Enter the Time In | Time Out | Lunch using the Format as shown
The Program will do the calculation for Total Hours once you enter
the Time In | Time Out | Lunch
The Labor Field Sheet - Created by T&M Go